Tuesday 6 June 2006

Over the way from me

This came from part of a list of the wildlife observed from my garden:

Over my house, under my fence, under my eaves, in the field, in the tree.
Badger
Fox
Pheasant
Partridge
Hedgehog
Toad.
In the field, in the air, in the hedge.
Over my house, under my fence, under my eaves, in my tree.

Buzzard
Perched, still, on the telegraph pole, dive bombed by rooks, ordinary, everyday rooks.
Swan
Duck
Sparrowhawk
Owl
Woodpecker
Cuckoo
Rabbit
In the field, in the air, in the hedge.

Hare In the field gateway, sat upright, fore paws motionless raised,
black ears erect; eyes forward consider how I would go, then
slowly turned, unconcerned, and left.
Deer
Dragonfly
Mayfly
Maybug
Bat
Over the ground, over the grass, all just over the way from me.

4 Comments:

Blogger spotted elephant said...

That's so fantastic! :)

Wednesday 7 June 2006 at 01:52:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thank you Spotted Elephant.
I have lived in and visited cities - London, New York,
but I am now early retired and the slow country pace suits my slow country brain.

Wednesday 7 June 2006 at 11:15:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

City life is for the young, I think (no offence, Sally!)

I shall never regret having lived in London, Leeds et al when I was young and enjoyed the bustle and stress; but not now.

Country life is wasted on the young, in most cases. You need to grow into it.

Wednesday 7 June 2006 at 14:04:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

True, true, very true.
Charles, I take no offence, guessing that you are even (even) older than me !!

Wednesday 7 June 2006 at 18:39:00 BST  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home