Wednesday 2 May 2007

BAD BADD 2nd May



I AM INCONSOLABLE.

IN ATTEMPTING TO ADD AN UPDATE, I LOST THE ENTIRE BADD POST.

I DID NOT SAVE IT ELSEWHERE

I CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE.


May 2nd Update (see 19 - Quotes below)


Post Posting Editing Postscript:


The post for BADD was written during the neuro toxic drug down days. Today, now that the drug is clearing my system, I see that it is more negative than I feel today. So to celebrate BADD I now also celebrate the Good. Thereafter the BADD continues.

It is a glorious spring day and its May Day. I live in a lovely part of the world, and I can sit outside and enjoy it. I live in my own home and I live in a country where, eventually, the state will provide. I have a low, but guaranteed, income that is just sufficient. My expensive drug regime does not cost me anything. My mortgage was paid off by my medical insurance. The Motability scheme has sourced a government grant to enable me to have a wheelchair accessible vehicle. All this I have time to enjoy on good days, because I do not have to be in paid employment. I know it is not as easy for many people with impairments who live in this disablist world.

BADD CATEGORY: Personal Journey

Just pulling out a few threads from the tangle ... and hanging them on the Goldfish's categories.

AND THERE IT WAS: GONE.

Postscript: Now here it is: FOUND

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger The Goldfish said...

This was great Sally, even if it was drug-induced. :-)

Tuesday 1 May 2007 at 13:01:00 BST  
Blogger seahorse said...

Gosh Sally you really have it covered from every angle. I think it's okay to tell it how it is, but I understand how you can read something back and know it was medication or pain or exhaustion affecting your thoughts. I found these thought-provoking vignettes.

Tuesday 1 May 2007 at 13:38:00 BST  
Blogger David said...

Great post. You highlighted the many aspects of disablism very well. Thank you.

Tuesday 1 May 2007 at 16:18:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thank you guys.
Goldfish you are amazing, very well done, an inspiration, and greatly loved.
David, good to meet you, good writing, thanks.
Seahorse thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday 1 May 2007 at 17:04:00 BST  
Blogger Never That Easy said...

"... I can't get the words right..."

Oh, I think you got them exactly right.

Tuesday 1 May 2007 at 19:12:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thank you NTE ... everyone, go over to her BADD blog please, excellent writing of a too common experience.

Tuesday 1 May 2007 at 19:43:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unflinching. I think that's the word.

Or a longer phrase your blog reminded me of:

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

The motto of every crip, should be. It's obviously yours.

Tuesday 1 May 2007 at 20:23:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thank you so much Charles.
I feel that life in a disablist world is relentless, that I have no choice. Goldfish and BADD bloggers and blogging friends are essential accompaniments. If you all can keep on keeping on, then so will can I.

Tuesday 1 May 2007 at 22:12:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind Sally, the feedback should convince you it was a good contribution!

BTW I have had an email returned - have you changed your address?

Thursday 3 May 2007 at 07:44:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thanks Charles, the feedback will be saved well away from Bloggers clutches !

No I haven't changed my email address, but something odd is going on. I am finding all sorts of odd messages telling me emails I have sent are 'truncated' or delayed. I will email you and if you haven't responded in 24 hours I will send the St Bernard out.

Thursday 3 May 2007 at 09:05:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Blogging Mone - I did get your email without any problem - thank you very much, and for your understanding.

Everyone - Blogging Mone's elbows are a pain, as are her medics !
The German system she is battling with could teach the NHS a thing or two about NOT putting the patient's needs first.

Thursday 3 May 2007 at 12:34:00 BST  
Blogger Katie said...

Sally, I read it and it was ace, so don't worry...

Thursday 3 May 2007 at 12:35:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thanks Katie, your's was so brilliant, it inspired an replacement BADD post !

Thursday 3 May 2007 at 19:53:00 BST  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home