Monday 10 April 2006

Spring is Sprung and Dizziness Pings

Its here, its out, its warm.
The sunshine has reached this south west DisabilityShire. There may be 5 inches of snow in Kent but head west and spring is springing. Swallows have arrived and are greadily skimming the river for insects to get their strength back, but the little egret takes no notice, he/she has been here all winter and the swans are as unconcerned about H5N1 as I am.

The wind is in the south west, but over the fields beyond the garden it feels north easterly. Out of the wind and in the sunshine sits my freezer. Yes, my freezer. What does a girl do after the home help (L, bless her) has left ? Decides to defrost. Our fore-mothers dragged the rugs out and threw them over the washing line for a good beating, but in the 21st century we have different denoters of spring cleaning and new applications for the transportation systems utilised at Stone Henge. Instead of wooden rollers, (I think that's right) the freezer (small) slides along on a thick towel, dis-ability being the mother of invention, then tips over the step and gravity deals with the melt. The remaining clean up will have to wait for L's return.

I'd rather be walking the dog. What dog?

Today I should be resting, until the weekly drug (for Lupus) clears my system, but I woke up with severe pulsing tinnitus (from Meniere's) and I cannot just sit and listen to it. So today, although fatigue waits in the wings to come on inappropriately, the arthritis, dizziness, pulsing white noise and pinging high pitched notes, have all conspired against me, and lost, for the moment anyway.

The drug MTX has its own weapons; liver toxicity - which keeps me sober, although I always make an exception for champagne; and neuro toxicity - which is my excuse for any and all errors I may make as a new blogger, and I reserve the right to call up that defence whenever.



2 Comments:

Blogger BloggingMone said...

Just out of curiosity: even if it was a small freezer, how on earth did you manage to drag a freezer out on a towel??!! Are you Superwoman?

Monday 10 April 2006 at 20:35:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Dear 'Bloggingmone'
In the wee small hours of the night, mulling over your comment, I worked it out - we have different types of freezers ! I have explained in today's (Tuesday's) edition of my blog

Tuesday 11 April 2006 at 19:15:00 BST  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home