Sunday 8 October 2006

Boldly Go

BCC Ceefax reports that the Starship Enterprise has sold at auction for $576,000/£308,000 - cheap at the price I thought, then I read its just a 78"/1.982 metre miniature used in the title sequences of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I suppose they could not find a camera big enough to snap the real Starship Enterprise for the opening titles, so they had to make a model of it, to fit it on the tv screen.

When I left behind my childish hopes of being the Enterprise's communications officer, I switched my aspirations to Spooks, who at least let me have my own desk at the Spy Academy.

Agent Fang has recalled her adventures using a power trike on a country lane and yesterday I witnessed a similar incident while out 'walking' with a group of wheeled and bipedal friends along my favourite bit of countryside, where I usually spot some wildlife. The other Wheelie used a powered attachment to his manual wheelchair, effectively reducing his four wheels to three, and striding ahead he hit the ruts in the path first and did a gentle slow motion lean to the right before landing sideways, cushioned by springy grass thankfully. My six-wheeled Pride Jazzy powerchair is Enterprising enough to let me Boldly Go, but I am not the Wheelchair Junkie, so I tamely only participate in group exercising of my rights of way which, suprisingly, are the same as the rights of walkers and equestrians on countryside rights of way and open access land. The Disabled Ramblers shoot straight to the hyper-space of mountains and moorland.

Yes, I do get out sometimes, but I did too much yesterday, so this page is produced courtesy of the facilities of my big bed and six pillows.

Suspended animation.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

SIX pillows??? You'll get a double chin girl. Fess up, you're sharing your bed with a pillow-man: two for arms, two for legs, one for trunk and one folded over for head. Actually that's not a bad idea; no snoring, no elbows, no cold feet or farting.....hmm, think I'll just pop down to Argos.

Monday 9 October 2006 at 19:29:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Lily - I sense you have problems in the bedroom department !

Tuesday 10 October 2006 at 18:02:00 BST  
Blogger Lily said...

lol - you ain't just whistling Dixie!

Tuesday 10 October 2006 at 20:55:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

There's a cure for that - see link on 'Places to Go'.

Thursday 12 October 2006 at 12:30:00 BST  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home