Monday 12 June 2006

Hiccups

I am not sure that I am living in the same space as other bloggers. Has anyone else found blogger blocked since last week. Quaker Dave mentioned it, but noone (come on brain, how do you write noone!) no-one, is that right ? I am tired tired tired.

Sometimes I cannot get past Outlook Express, other times it appears a blogger fault, and I get an error message on the dashboard. For instance, two minutes ago it failed blogger access, now here I am. No rhyme or reason. I lost an entire post on Saturday, and one, possibly two comments on others' posts, didn't appear - I will assume because they were lost, not because I sounded inappropriate, but if I did, sorry.

(Edit 8 pm - Blogger advised Scheduled outage ... four days later)
(Edit 13.6.06 10pm Ceefax 154 2/8 - "Biggest security updates for Widows being released by Microsoft to fix 12 software flaws, one deemed critical already being exploited by malicious hackers". Maybe Charles was right, again !)

A helpful chap named Paul emailed about the bottom hyphen, and the Fn key, which was helpful. I will not attempt to act upon it, until I am less brain tired. I will reprint it here if requested, as it was not added to comments.

Bloggers excepted, I am anti-men at present :
Trundling through town in my wheelchair the other day I passed three business men (well, you know, suits, not carrying beer cans) and one looked at me and said "lazy bitch" ... I managed to get in a loud "bastard" in passing, without changing speed or direction. Then I started to shake, not obvious when you are in a wheelchair, and my hat hid my facial emotions. So I went home. Does this happen to men in wheelchairs ? I think not. I wonder if it is my independence and a certain style that causes them to want to bring me down to their level.

This cheered me up, from the letters in The Independent newspaper:
"Sir: Is it true that all the worst drivers are now required to display a white flag bearing a red cross?"

8 Comments:

Blogger The Goldfish said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience of abuse; not sure if it is female exclusive or not. I was going to tell you a story here that might cheer you up, but I decided to do a blog about it instead.

Hope you feel better soon in every way. :-)

Monday 12 June 2006 at 23:08:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you managed to answer the abuse at any rate. Pity you couldn't see his face; hopefully his mates sniggered at him then.

No, it's not a female exclusive, because people who do it assume that male crips can't retaliate either.

Yes there have been problems with blogger, and I think on the net generally; perhaps it's the heat. My yahoo! account was unavailable for part of yesterday and I've never known that before. Still, it's a good excuse...

Tuesday 13 June 2006 at 08:35:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thank you very much Goldfish ... hot footing it to your blog.
Thank you Charles, for your sympathy and also for noting net problems; yes something is going on, I am now getting error messages asking me to report them.

Tuesday 13 June 2006 at 20:32:00 BST  
Blogger spotted elephant said...

You've just tapped my violent streak. I'm wishing a terrible bout of explosive diarrhea on him the next time he appears in public in white pants. To even think that is unacceptable (not to mention stupid), but to say it?!

And I also am so glad you got out a retort. Good for you! :)

Wednesday 14 June 2006 at 03:19:00 BST  
Blogger spotted elephant said...

PS. Blogger has been so aggravating lately that I stopped typing posts in the webpage, and am writing them now on word, in case blogger crashes again.

Wednesday 14 June 2006 at 03:20:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Hi Spotted Elephant
It seems there is a world wide problem that Microsoft are fixing with twelve security patches issued on 12th, and blogger has its own problems.
Explosive + whites = indignity - yes that's good payback, thank you.

Wednesday 14 June 2006 at 09:19:00 BST  
Blogger BloggingMone said...

Hi Sally, sorry to hear you have met some stupid idiots. It is good you did have the nerves to answer. Turning round and driving over their feet would have been an alternative....
I did not have any problems with blogger.com recently, but I am using Safari and my computer does not have a Windows system.
"In a world without borders, who needs Gates?"

Wednesday 14 June 2006 at 13:09:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thanks Bloggingmone

Tempted though I was, I did not act on my natural impulse to zip round in front of them to challenge them.

I am learning not to put myself at risk of further abuse and they were bigger than me !

Oh for an AJ (see the Goldfish's post) of my own !! With or without a sword.

Or a chariot with those sharp spiky blade things rotating with the wheels, that the ancient Romans cheated with.

Wednesday 14 June 2006 at 18:29:00 BST  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home