Tuesday 11 April 2006

Not safe to be out

Whether its out in the blogosphere, or out in the car, I should take more care when going out when I am affected by the weekly neuro toxic MTX dose.

Off to the surgery this morning for my regular blood tests which have to be taken two days after the drugs, but it takes the drug two and a half days to clear my system so its sometimes a bit tricky. I have to think before I do anything other than what is strictly necessary. Therefore I don't also go visiting, shopping, or get petrol, just do the bloods and home for a restoring cup of tea.

So off I went (and this time I remembered to put the wheelchair in the van) oblivious to being on auto-pilot. Slowly driving along a quite lane approaching a main road, watching some men taking down a tree, suddenly there was a 4x4 nose to nose in front and a very cross lady mouthing something at me through her windscreen. I had sailed through a temporary road side red light, which not normally being there, didn't register on the auto-pilot. I will take more care next time, but I am independent most of the time and I object to using my one day a week employed PA's time to drive me for a blood test - we have better things to do with the time graciously granted by Social Care & Health.

In the blogosphere, my sincere apologies to Lady B - I may have offended her. I responded to her post on eye wear, which response initially appeared, then disappeared. I attempted to do it in suitable style, and yes I really do have all those pairs of spectacles and use them in those situations, but maybe I was 'off-kilter' somehow and did not judge it right and I have been deleted.

Also - to explain about the freezer (last two posts) - Q: when is a freezer not a freezer? A: when its not the same freezer as your freezer. Only Superwoman would consider taking a top opening chest freezer outside to defrost. My freezer is small, like a little cupboard, with a front hinged at the side opening door. Sliding it across the kitchen floor to the outside door and tipping it over the step was a doddle. Pictures to illustrate my blog would help, but I haven't worked that bit out yet. Patience please.

I hope to have mastered more options in Blogger in time to participate un the The Goldfish's 1st May initiative. I urge all who haven't already, to read her blog. Thank you Goldfish.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Sally can rest assured that it takes a great deal more than that to offend Lady Bracknell. (In any event, Lady Bracknell has ten pairs of spectacles herself. Approximately.)

The temporary displacement of the comment (which has now returned)probably took place when blogger crashed yesterday evening just as the editor had finished typing in Lady Bracknell's dictated response. A response in which apologies were made for not having replied more promptly, and in which excuses were offered with reference to her ladyship's current precarious state of health.

Thursday 13 April 2006 at 22:24:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

That's what I hoped - thank you for taking the time to explain.
My best wishes for an improvement in your current state of health.

Thursday 13 April 2006 at 22:39:00 BST  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home