Wednesday 14 June 2006

Legal Eagle

More of a sparrow than an eagle, but I have some small legal knowledge and some practical experience. For personal use only, not as an advice giver. Briefly I was an assistant in the back office, where I was quite happy researching disability discrimination cases in employment law, during the year I was able to work part time after my employment tribunal case against the town council, which made me ill. Correction: the stress of which triggered a condition for which I had an underlying genetic disposition. I had to fight for the pension as well. Always, it seems, anything vital has to be fought for.

Someone elsewhere voiced concern over the legal status of a blog, and a slight fear of being called to account for comments that put others in a bad light; usually officials with reputations and pensions to protect.

Now I have always been refreshed and encouraged by bloggers' fearless descriptions of problems, not to say rants (and I have ranted enough in my short blogging life) with service providers, and I have never given a thought that there may be legal consequences to our blogs. Not merely because we use pseudonyms but due to a innocent faith that this is what is understood by blogging.

I could be wrong, but I hope not.

Thanks to the Goldfish's link I found Mark Siegel on The 19th Floor - a lawyer in USA who writes of his confidence in blogging as it relates to a possible political life. I do not suggest that his post of the 7th June 'Good Government' relates to my musings, just that it set me thinking.





4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you sprinkle your blog with "allegedly" that seems to cover the legal angle, judging by The News Quiz.

Thursday 15 June 2006 at 18:33:00 BST  
Blogger pete said...

The McNaughton Rules apply to the creator of a Geezer with a Meezers blog! {sticks tongue out and goes WoooooHoooooo at fellowa in silly wigs)

Friday 16 June 2006 at 05:00:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So who were you thinking of doing in, Pete?

Friday 16 June 2006 at 12:00:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thanks guys - Mc Who ?

Friday 16 June 2006 at 12:40:00 BST  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home