Saturday 17 June 2006

Legal Sparrow cheeps in despair

Today I have received a letter from Social Care and Health, who have delayed my request for wheelchair access in the home for THREE years, advising that they have implemented Stage 1 of the Formal Complaints Process.

I have not made a Formal Complaint.

Instead I have asked my MP to investigate the matter on my behalf, because in my ill health and disabilities, the stress of a formal complaints procedure would exacerbate my two medical conditions, and risk a Lupus flare.

Two years ago a SC&H Team Leader acknowledged that there is no advocacy service in Dorset trained and experienced in Social Health and Care legislation, for adults of working age with a physical disability.

I do not think that the Service Manager at SC&H can implement a formal Complaints Procedure on my behalf without my consent.

I have replied that I do not give my consent.

I have replied that I trust that action taken without my consent, will not further delay my critical assessed eligible needs being met. Needs that were assessed as eligible by Social Care and Health in April 2005, fourteen months ago and two years after my initial request.

I have copied my reply to the Director of SC&H at County Hall, my MP, the District Council, my GP and my Rheumatologist.

And I have blogged it.

That is all I can do before my weekly neuro toxic drug kicks in.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger spotted elephant said...

I'm sorry you're having to go through all of this. It's just senseless.

Sunday 18 June 2006 at 02:38:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thank you. The only sense I can make of it is that if I can fight the wrong decisions and ensure changes are made in the system, so that legislation and government guidelines are followed, it will make the system better for other service users.

Sunday 18 June 2006 at 11:34:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally, I hope your complaints are listened to.

If nothing else, your blog illlustrates perfectly the importance of conveying all information in writing and to as many persons in a position to influence events as possible.

I hope you'll keep us informed of the progress of this, for the sake of others less knowledgeable at battling the system.

Sunday 18 June 2006 at 19:33:00 BST  
Blogger pete said...

Good luck Sally.

Thursday 22 June 2006 at 08:52:00 BST  
Blogger Sally said...

Thanks Charles and Pete - it is appreciated that Blogging friends are around.

Updates will be blogged.

Thursday 22 June 2006 at 10:17:00 BST  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home