Monday 1 January 2007

Ring In The New


A New Year - so, what's New ? Not a lot. No disabled facilities adaptations, no progress with Social Services, no miracle cure for Tinnitus (I can live with the Meniere's dizzyness, the Lupus, the physical pain and restrictions - but Hell, I Wish The Tinnitus Would Desist - my very own private, no not those sleighbells ringing, just inside my head only I can hear them, no volume control bells ringing, singing, dinging).

Hope continues; not for the impossibility of good health, not for a Knight galloping up on a White Horse to save this lady from herself, not for wealth (perhaps just a bit more), but Hope for a continuance of the good fortune I have; a good place to live, in good surroundings, a good relationship with my independent daughter, good friends (quality not quantity), good music, good books, good blogs and good medical support.

A Happy New Year to All

8 Comments:

Blogger BloggingMone said...

Happy new year to you Sally, and may all your wishes come true!
Not that I have ever met one, but something inside me is convinced that knights on white horse are the most boring men one can possibly meet.

Monday 1 January 2007 at 11:35:00 GMT  
Blogger Sally said...

Thank you B Mone - are you familiar with the phrase 'be careful what you wish for' ... in case the wish comes true ?
The last thing I want is to be galloped off with !

Do you have the pantomime tradition in Germany ? - if not the post below may mean little.

This village has its very own amateur dramatic society and each year they write their own version of a familiar tale, but skewed towards local events and characters, all in the best pantomime tradition - with a Dame and a Baddy, parts written in for every one who wants to join in, including children, and lots of hissiing and booing and audience participation in 'He's behind you !' as well as calls similar to the one in the Title below.

Monday 1 January 2007 at 14:36:00 GMT  
Blogger The Goldfish said...

Happy New Year Sally! Hope 2007 is a good one for you and yours.

Thanks for all your support and humour in 2006.

Monday 1 January 2007 at 20:46:00 GMT  
Blogger spotted elephant said...

I hope that 2007 is a wonderful year for you Sally!

Monday 1 January 2007 at 21:14:00 GMT  
Blogger Sally said...

Thank you Goldfish
Thank you Spotted Ele

Monday 1 January 2007 at 21:18:00 GMT  
Blogger BloggingMone said...

We do not have pantomime tradition in Germany. But in my early 20ties I happened to be in England during the pantomime season and my friends took me to see one. It was great fun, even though a bit unusual for me. I can't remember what the pantomime was called, but I do remember that when a certain character appeared on the scene, everyone was shouting:"Rock on Tommy!!" and a huge plastic rock fell down on that poor bloke - again and again. I have never understood why, but I learned that during a pantomime this is no good question to b e asked.

Tuesday 2 January 2007 at 10:43:00 GMT  
Blogger Sally said...

'Rock on Tommy' was the catchphrase of a pair of so-called comedians who had a tv show at that time - all the has-been minor tv stars get jobs in Panto - its traditional.

Village Pantos have local villains instead of tv 'has-been's !

Tuesday 2 January 2007 at 16:43:00 GMT  
Blogger BloggingMone said...

Ahhhh...now finally after 20 years I know why!! thanks for that. Well, the pantomime was in Manchester, which isn't actually a village.

Wednesday 3 January 2007 at 08:39:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home