Monday 18 December 2006

Book Meme

Blogging Mone tagged me for a book meme via Spotted Elephant.

Now, listen closely, because it could be your turn next.

1 Get the nearest book in your reach and turn to page 123

2 Go to the fifth sentence of that page

3 Copy the next three sentences

4 Then tag three people

" The medievals were not great builders of new roads, except perhaps in the Fens or in connection with new towns. Roads were usually taken for granted as established features of the landscape. Any through road, even between two villages, is dignified as 'the King's way'; lesser highways are called 'common way', 'lane', 'vennel' (still the Scots word for a lane), 'church way' and so on. "

The Illustrated History of the Countryside - Oliver Rackham

I tag: Lily, Gimpy Mumpy and Agent Fang, but I do appreciate this is a busy time of year for such pleasurable distractions.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Ooh blimey, I've never been tagged before! How do I tag my three peeps, is there more to it than just putting in a link to their blog?

Monday 18 December 2006 at 21:22:00 GMT  
Blogger Sally said...

There is this lovely organic progression in Bloggerland - that what we do on our pages is ours, and what others do on their pages as a result of reading our pages, is theirs.

So, you found out I had tagged you by reading of it on my page. Those you tag, read of it on your page. If they respond, they do so on their page. Sometimes they comment, as you have, acknowledging the tag.

It took me ages to work this out, and I apologise if I have given my explanation of it in an unnecessarily long winded way, but I initially found it a fascinating, and impenetrateable, system.

Go tag !

Monday 18 December 2006 at 21:36:00 GMT  
Blogger Sally said...

Too much tea
Impenetrable.

Monday 18 December 2006 at 21:39:00 GMT  
Blogger Lily said...

Lol, I rather like impenetrateable. Okey dokey, I shall go forth and taggify. Love the baby pic, see I told you a fringe was the way to go!

Tuesday 19 December 2006 at 22:45:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home