Thursday 15 February 2007

Meme 5 Things About Me

This comfortable couple are my maternal grandparents, Florence and Josephus.







Yonks ago Charles Dawson tagged me for 5 Things About Me. I have only just found it Charles so, belatedly, here I am.


1 When I was a young teenager I sprouted up very quickly and towered over my peers. Within a few years everyone caught up with me and now I am average at 5'6" and a bit (I have shrunk since I was 5 feet 6 and 3/4 inches), but I have this imaginary body image of being tall and willowy. Very wrong.

2 I like living alone. I may change my mnd or age may change my mind for me.

3 When pissed I revert to broad Yorkshire/Derbyshire. Not just the accent but also the sentence structures and vocabulary*. Due to Lupus drug regime, it hardly happens at all these days; just a whisper when a glass or two of Champagne or very very good red wine tempts me off the straight and narrow.

4 I yearn to throw off this country life and have a cool contemporary pad in London, or a small villa in north west Crete. I do, however, recognise that I have 'come down in the place that is right' and am content.

5 Despite it being twenty years (20 ?!?) since I was harried ... (that was a typo for married, but being a follower of Jung I will leave it in as a Freudian slip) ... and an important love departed ten years ago, I do believe that love 'is as perennial as the grass'. This belief does not conflict with No. 2 above.

* Memories: I can hear him now ... "Ger up. Thar'll get chinkcough in tha bum if thar sits on that the-er step."

Thanks for the enjoyable Meme Charles.

Now you 5 others out there - tag yourselves - but come back and let us know you have done so.

Coming soon: The Meme of 10

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The Goldfish said...

Done. :-)

5'6" is still taller than average.

Saturday 17 February 2007 at 11:04:00 GMT  
Blogger Sally said...

Zooming across to reading it now.
Thanks Goldfish.

Saturday 17 February 2007 at 18:24:00 GMT  
Blogger spotted elephant said...

I've been trying to comment, but Blogger seems to hate me now. ;)

Anyway, what I was trying to write was, I really enjoy hearing about you Sally!

Friday 23 February 2007 at 02:09:00 GMT  
Blogger seahorse said...

Hi Sally, I've had a rare run of concentration and been reading more of the blogs I like. I'm relatively new to this, and wonder what a Meme is and how you tag yourself. Excuse my ignorance, and if I've stumbled in on something not open to all then apologies.

Saturday 24 February 2007 at 18:40:00 GMT  
Blogger Sally said...

Spotted Elephant - I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO COMMENT TOO !
This Virtual Life is so trying at the moment.
Thank you for your comment. I am off to see how you are now ....

Tuesday 27 February 2007 at 21:48:00 GMT  
Blogger Sally said...

Welcome Seahorse - new bloggers are always welcome. I love seahorses - when I was a child I thought they were fairy creatures and was stunned to discover they were real and - they have recently been spotted around the Dorset waters - now on Blogger too !

What is a meme ? - I too was a bit stumped when I first came across them. A Meme is a list - fiendish or simple - but preferably interesting and inventive - and tagging is when you receive a tag (a note to say its yourn turn now) on someone's blog that you visit regularly (which is how you know you have been tagged) so you do your own version of the meme theme, and tag - pass it onto - those you would like to invite to continue the meme - provided no one else has previously tagged them for that meme string. I think that covers it.

Again, welcome. I will visit you soon, provided my online connection keeps working !

Tuesday 27 February 2007 at 21:55:00 GMT  
Blogger Sally said...

I have just spent an hour creating a new post explaining why I haven't been around - all technical angst - no space here - and blogger won't let me save it as a draft or publish.

I will try again tomorrow, if my laptop will let me in, if my operating system is talking to my security software, if my wireless adapter is talking to the home hub, if if if

I am fine, really.
I hope you are all fine too.
I have missed you all.

Tuesday 27 February 2007 at 22:55:00 GMT  
Blogger seahorse said...

Blogger really can be a complete pain at times. I've had trouble with altering links, losing comments and all sorts. And when you lose something you've spent loads of time writing it really is a moment for expletives. Good luck with all the technology, and thanks for visiting my blog. Nice to be communicating.

Tuesday 27 February 2007 at 23:14:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment ... all comments are moderated and will be published soon.

<< Home